Friday, May 25, 2012


Reader Darlings,

This is more than just your normal post.  Lucky you for today it’s all about my job!  Well, I have two of them actually but I really just want to focus on one of them today.  Take a guess.  I work from 6am to 2pm.  You can find me smelling like food afterwards.  And if you have never seen me there…good for you!  I work at the one, the only MICKEY D’S!  More commonly known as McDonalds. 

Just a quick overview of that job.  It’s easy and fun for me.  I was looking everywhere for a job when I turned 16 avoiding that particular store because I knew all the drama that took place amongst the workers.  It’s like all of my high schools band got a job there!  And even though I was part of the band, everyone worked there and I personally wanted to stay out.

I walked in one Friday with the feeling “please don’t hire me!”  and what did I get?  Can you come in Tuesday?
No. I wanted to say.
Yes.  I really said.
Why?  I asked myself.
How?  I asked the manager.
Because I can tell by your appearance that you will work hard and you’re trustworthy.
Wow.  My moms pants sure showed a lot.

I now love that stinky place regardless the insanely awful hours they have me working Monday through Friday.

The other job, on a brighter note, is a job that so many women already have.  They don’t get paid for what they do.  And their biggest reward may come immediately when a child says I Love You or many years in passing when a teen says I Love You.  And what ever the scenario, the mother still feels like the luckiest mother in the world.  But there are many rewards and I wouldn’t want to start there.  Let us start at the very beginning.  A very good place to start (name that movie!).

I don’t know what it’s like giving birth to a child and I sure as anything won’t be knowing any time soon.  I have never woken up in the middle of the night to soothe a crying baby.  My boobs don’t lactate or throb and I have a period every month.

I do know some stuff though. 
§  Don’t ever think a child of one will miss the left over dinner spilled on the floor.  He or she wouldn’t miss putting it in the mouth for anything.  Respectfully, an ominous one.
§  Fits and tantrums were invented by a two year old.  Don’t misunderstand their ingenious.  Respectfully, a terrible two.
§  When a child of the age of three just wakes up from a nap, don’t expect him or her to immediately rush to your arms (if you are not the parent).  It is nothing personal.   Respectfully, a thrifty three.
§  A child of four is just learning to say full sentences and tell you exactly what they think of your (wonderful) cooking.  They are not afraid to speak their mind.  Respectfully, a fearsome four.
§  Starting school and being on their own is what a five year old is best at.  Don’t let surprise catch up with you when he or she says he or she is ready to move out.  Respectfully, a funny five.

The ages I nanny end their.  But my knowledge of these wonderful little monsters will never cease to end.  Just like my dad loves to say, “In heaven, time is no matter of element.  There is no beginning or end.  Then how do we learn?  How will we always keep learning?  If God became a god the way we all will become gods, who was His God?  And His God before that? And before that?  And so on…?”  Thanks dad…for that never ending question that keeps me, Missionaries, and new Members on their toes!

FFN (Future Family Note)
Allow your children to teach YOU.  For if there is no learning on your part, how will you ever keep up with new and enhanced brains of today and future children?  Because yes, God has made them smarter than us.

The end.  The rewards.  Let’s just say that the reward comes in and of itself.

Here is the Menu Readers
(if I truly admit what I ate today, y’all would be ashamed of this so-called “chef”)
Breakfast – smoothie with mixed berries, milk, berry blast V8 juice, yogurt, and ice
Lunch – pb&j man! A classic.
Snack – zero, zilch, NONE!
Dinner – Mama’s Pizza (a real restaurant)
Dessert – hm. I skipped it today. Sad. But if I hadn’t it would have been vanilla ice cream!!

No comments:

Post a Comment