Wednesday, May 23, 2012

When Little sister becomes Big Sister



 baby k!
 notice how we are NOT looking at the camera? couldn't figure out how to take a picture..







Lovely Readers,

I cannot, in any words, describe to you what it feels like to be big amongst the little.  I mean this in many different ways:
1.     Age.  Tonight at the Mutual activity, all the girls were combined and they pampered little sisters.  My sister, baby k, is the baby sister so they allowed me to come join the festivities.  So, I was literally the oldest amongst all the girls – and all the little sisters. 
*Side Note:  The big sisters did our makeup, hair, and nails.  Some little girls looked gorgeous.  Others…well, teens like to pick on their siblings, am I right?*
2.     Maturity.  However much I may adore the girls, it is true that when it comes down to little groupies of peoples, I choose to hang with the leaders.  It’s clearly much easier to talk to them while the girlies talk boys, school, and gossip. 

Now let me clarify something.  No, I was not the tallest of any of the girlies by a long shot.  In fact, the only girls I was taller than were the little sisters – who were mostly eight and younger so…

I must admit, pampering is hard and I don’t like pampering myself.  But I love being pampered.

So I said I can’t describe in words, well what I really meant was that after 19 years of being the oldest, being the youngest tonight was a treat indeed.  Instead of being in charge, I watched the big sisters control the crowd.  Instead of worrying about the girls participating, I watched the leaders keep them involved by talking to them.  Nothing was my responsibility tonight.
Maybe that’s why parents get so stressed out…

FFN (Future Family Note)
Be understanding to a stressful day of stressed-out children.

Here is the Menu Readers
Breakfast                    Lunch                         Snack              Dinner                 Dessert   (:
Low-fat peach            BBQ Chicken              Popcorn          Shhh!              McD Cookie!
Yogurt                       roll-up with                                     (Chik-fil-a)
                                    Green sauce  


No comments:

Post a Comment