Thursday, June 14, 2012

Our Day















Hello Readers,

I can barely explain in words the lucky older sister I am!  My dad and brother left for high adventure, which is NOT why I feel so lucky.  I feel so lucky because for the past two days I have been able to spend non-stop time with my sister!  We don’t get enough time together so to be given time together WITHOUT boys, even better.  ‘course, she’s probably like “Amanda is sooo boring!”  But I don’t care. 

We started the two days by sleeping in until 11am!  Okay.  Definitely not planned but felt so good on both of us.  Apparently we needed the extra sleep.  Her just coming home from girls camp and me working all the time. 

Then we went to the ortho.  HA!  Lucky her!  We’ve all been through that so its my job to give her crap about it.  Naturally.  Then we went to Olive Garden.  Well, a few hours later we did because she had to wait before eating.  Some of the hardest hours in my life are those waiting for food when you literally cant eat or your mouth will break.

She had color guard later that day which I think I was more excited about than she was.  When she brought home the flag, I couldn’t put it down.  And I started remembering all the old routines.  It was so amazing!

Then the terrible, terrible thing I did with all this money I had saved up.  I spent it.  On good stuff!!  I promise!...sorta.  It’s proved it goodness so far anyway.  Madison Thorpe took me to Half Priced Books because she wanted a baking cookbook.  Then I began looking at the hot foods cookbooks.  Then the baking cookbooks.  Then I chose two I liked.  Then I bought them.

So Katie and I have made lots of food!  First we made tuna casserole which was muy bueno!  Then we made banana cinnamon coffee cake which was gone within the day.  Lastly, we made cookies ‘n cream brownies all from scratch.  And even though cream cheese isn’t my favorite unless it’s on a bagel, they tasted so good!

We ended our two days watching a crazy storm miss us, with Mary-Kate and Ashley on the TV all while packing.  It was a productive night.

FFN (Future Family Note)
Cooking for your family is fun. DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment