Sunday, June 03, 2012


Well well Readers,

Welcome back!  I should really be saying this to myself but that just might sound weird.  Welcome back to your own blog where you post tings about your life, Amanda!  Yeah, as I said, weird.

Some great things have come to pass!  Thursday I got my hrrr (hair) did for free!  And I’m talking allover color!  I went to the Paul Mitchell school in the Highlands at Arlington and it was a buy one get one something or other mother-daughter thing.  So we only had to pay for what the mother got done.  And my mom only got a deep conditioning.  So we paid twelve bucks!  Plus tip cause I had an awesome lady!  Finally, my hrrr is all around one color and will fade to my pretty natural brown with little notice.

Then Friday I worked three jobs!  Talk about a life I got here.  Mickey D’s to nanny to babysit.  I worked from 6 am to 10:30 pm.  Yeah, lets not do that everyday.  Course, I love kiddos so my day was actually pretty easy.

Gershwin is a really cool guy.  Check out some of his music.  Anyway, he’s just really inspiring.  Find out why!       ê
                                                ê
            ê
                                          
George
Gershwin

He gained the approval for jazz music as “serious music.”  He did this by writing jazz music in a form of alternative.  He would write a classical piece but add jazz themes and characteristics to it.  He wrote many pieces that became popular and went worldwide!  He is as famous in the classical genre as he is in the popular genre.

Amanda
Webb

Years flew by and suddenly I found myself stepping outside my comfort zone.  My family had recently moved to Texas and I was refusing to make friends.  But I had decided to quit band – it no longer offered the same delight after I learned everything the books could teach me to teach myself.  This was a big step.  Being in band, I could sit quietly in the back and not be bothered.  When the music was taught wrong, I would go home and play it correctly but say nothing.   I joined the color guard and waited to fail.  But I didn’t.  In fact, I more than succeeded!  I was offered a spot on a professional guard at age 15 and debated taking it.  During all of this, the guard’s standards in dress and dance changed.  My teacher explained to me that I had influenced him to change the outfits so that I would wear them.  He also started to incorporate movements that were appropriate so that I would do them rather than refuse and sit out.  Without even knowing it, I was changing the guard.

1 comment:

  1. I like--love--that you went home and blogged...hahaha so did I :) we're silly.. and on the real, we're doing something this week! (ps this is me "blogging" you)

    ReplyDelete