Wednesday, May 30, 2012


Hey there Readers,

I had such a great day!  Not only did I get to sleep in four hours, I swam, watched movies, and I have almost officially quit McDonalds.  Now shh!  It’s not official!  But hopefully soon it will be.  Or at least I’ll be on-call or something.  I’m going to start nannying full-time now.  Talk about a whoop! whoop!

So today it’s about how I am different from someone in history.  You see, as great a person as Franklin was, I couldn’t seem to catch up.  Actually, I wouldn’t let myself catch up.  Being scared is such a foolish thing.  It slows you down from being yourself, it takes you away from being the best you can be, and it hurts you, mentally and physically.  Now that I know that, I hate being scared.  Being scared scares me!  The only thing(s) that I’ll allow myself to be "scared" of are bugs; mainly spiders and butterflies.


B e n j a m i n   F r a n k l i n

He edited the Declaration
of Independence to best
represent the people of the
time.  He wanted them to
understand what they were
fighting for, while
threatening the British with
strong words.  All who knew
him looked him up to his great
example.  Not only was he
intelligent and invented many
different devices, he was clever
and wise.  This allowed so much
creativity to flow through his mind.

A m a n d a   W e b b

I never noticed this then,
but I allowed myself to step
behind my friends and
leaders.  I allowed them
to approve of everything I
did.  It wasn’t that I needed
their approval, but I feared
moving ahead of them in case
I might trip and no one was 

there to catch me.  I stopped
myself from growing spiritually
and mentally.  I stayed just
behind the smartest people so I
wouldn’t be noticed.  When I
messed up, I wasn’t the first. 
The whole situation gave me the
peace of mind I thought I was
looking for.


FFN (Future Family Note)
Do your best to teach your kids not to be scared to do something new.  Stand out and be different because being different might just be the better thing to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment