Tuesday, May 29, 2012


Hello Readers!

I always wanted to be a musician of some sort.  I wanted to be on stage and sing and dance.  The Lizzie McGuire movie was my inspiration.  
But then again, what ten year-old doesn’t want to be the same thing?   It’s all about being the best and the greatest and I found that of myself (more or less) a different way.

I also forgot to mention that the people I chose to relate myself to are some of my favorite people in history.  There is just one catch: I chose Hitler for something.  Now before you are quick to judge, allow me to explain…when I post about him.

Johann Sebastian Bach

He felt the tasks he was assigned to complete took away from his composing time and artistic abilities.  The Church bored him.  Assigned to be a teacher and it was really frustrating to him to teach the less talented.  He even had a quarrel with one student over the matter.  He sided with Martin Luther in that music was to uplift the soul and bring a man closer to finding God.  He would take simple Hymns and though the words would be directly telling you what the composer wanted you to know, Bach was able to show forth God’s mighty and power through the music.

Amanda Michelle Webb

As I grew up, I began playing the Clarinet.  It wasn’t an official class during the day, so I was excused from class for one hour to have a lesson in the teachers break room.  My teacher was fantastic and it was quite clear she was good, but she held back on all of the students.  She taught us as slow as the slowest student.  At first, I didn’t mind.  But when I began teaching myself how to play, I began to be frustrated.  I believed music was a way to express yourself and praise God, but I didn’t know how I could properly do that if I wasn’t properly being taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment